Welcome to RIPPLE!
We believe the key to recovery innovations is harnessing our voices, insights, and leadership, and those of our fellow service recipients, to inform and implement change in Mental Health and Addiction Services.
RIPPLE has two primary goals: first, to bring service recipients and providers together in a way that centers focus on the voices of our peers in recovery, improves communication, and fosters a true spirit of partnership; second, to provide and promote consumer-crafted education, resources and information in the ever-changing landscape of the Mental Health and Addiction Services System.
As we enter another new year and a new decade, RIPPLE is thinking about our direction, goals, priorities, improvements, and new ideas to make a positive impact on our community.
Things that will happen in 2020
- Ripple will obtain its 501(c)(3) non profit status.
- Ripple will have a seat at the table during the upcoming discussions on passing a law to require insurance companies to cover the services provided by certified peer recovery supporters.
- Ripple will continue to advocate for reform in Connecticut state prisons, specifically the treatment of those living with mental illness.
- Ripple will increase the number of educational presentations by at least 20% in 2020
- RockingRecovery.org will continue to grow its resource list for the benefit of the community as a whole.
- RockingRecovery.org will begin a period of community promotion to make both peers and providers aware of the service it provides.